Advantages of Wire Wound Fin Tubes :
• Wire Wound Fin Tubes consists of loops of wire spirally wound
over the tube and soldered throughout the length of the
tube. As air flows over the loops (fins) of wire, turbulence is
created around the wire besides the turbulence over the fins
a whole.This results in breaking the air side film resistance
enhancing the heat transfer co-efficient.
• Wire wound fin tubes have the highest Heat Transfer
co-efficient for same area under identical process condition
compared with any other type of fin tubes.
• The soldered bond between the fin and the tube eliminates
almost all air gaps between the loops (fins) and the base tube.
This ensures maximum heat flow between the fin and the tube.
• For identical duty, the above makes it possible to design a heat
exchange unit smaller in size compared with any other
type of fin tubes. This results in lower air side pressure drop.
• Lower overall pressure drops enables higher air velocities
thereby increasing the turbulence around the wire.
This not only enhances the heat transfer coefficient but also reduces the settling of dirt over the fins.
• Wire wound fin tubes offer a versatility and flexibility which is unmatched by any other type of Fin Tubes.